POEM 15 ... I like you calm ...



I like you calm because you are absent,
and you hear me from far away and my voice does not touch you.
It seems that your eyes had flown
and it seems that a kiss had sealed your mouth.

As all things are filled with my soul
you emerge from the things, filled with my soul.
Butterfly dream, you look like my soul,
and you look like the word melancholy.

I like you calm and you seem far away.
And you are a moaning, a butterfly cooing.
And you hear me from far away and my voice does not reach:
Let me come with your silence.

Let me talk to you with your silence
clear as a lamp, simple as a ring.
You are like the night stillness and constellations.
Your silence is from the stars, so far and simple.

I like you calm because you are absent.
Distant and painful as if you had died.
One word then, one smile, is enough.
And I am happy, happy that it is not true

Author of the poem: Pablo Neruda