Salamanca



In particular, I think there are many people who will say, not scary, it's a waste of time or certainly "What little imagination Yours" but it is certainly very different to read it, and believe it was just my imagination, live and have the guts to remember and recount, because a real experience, always stranger than fiction.

It was almost three in the afternoon when the sun hit us hard in the face and walk became more widespread among the stony hills of Salamanca, near Illapel, known rather as the "Land of the Witches".

We had gone through the palms of Cocalán made a few days ago, when he had played for a couple, (because I'm a musician), and this time, two members of my group, (both my cousins ​​besides), accompanied me on this journey.

I think I am fond of supernatural things, as surely many, but my hobby, led me to commit one of the craziest of all, one which certainly should never get involved.

As I mentioned, we walked on the stony hills of Salamanca, we were looking for by many call, "Cueva de Salamanca", where local witches gathered to celebrate their festivals, sorcerers who turned into birds arrived in flight with its rituals, songs and celebrations.

I had never seen anything, had never walked there, so going off the route, it would be quite risky, which is why we did nothing about it.

So we walked a couple of hours, with the water from the canteen that almost boiled for tea, tongue almost dragged along the ground and legs did not give more fatigue.

I remembered then that the local people had warned me:

- Do not look, son - said an elderly minutes before departure.

- Why? - I asked.

- By the cave of Salamanca you can not enter unless you are invited.

- Cast…?

- One of them told me, referring to a witch.

I just laughed.

- I'll find it, sir. That's just a local legend.

- Is legend until it is tangible.

When I remembered what he told me, just I smiled.

- What are you laughing at? - I asked my cousin Jairo singer of my group, giving me a tatequeto in the neck.

- Is that- 'I said, an old told me that we would not find the cave, if not Warlocks invited us here.

- What? - Asked incredulously Tell me you're huebiando me!

- Yes, I teased me Ojala.

- And then ... what do we do - asked Andrew, showgirl and also my cousin.

- I think it will be more convenient devolvernos- indicating the proposed route.

The eyes of the boys had an angry glow, plus the frowns and the clear lack of exercise three of us gave us the rage keep walking, but luckily for us, this would be lowered.

The route itself was long, and as we continue forward, never knew where it ended the dirt road we were going.

We watched in all directions, up the stony hills, forward the dirt road back was the arid flora and down the terrible slopes, long and implied a fall would be disastrous and would end in certain death with a broken neck.

We were so tired that we were shivering and the sun was slowly giving us his farewell giving way to total darkness.

I had no clue that we had walked so far. The trail was still in front of us and we walked with our flashlights high not only with the natural visual contribution and hid behind the hills covering Salamanca.

- What do we do? - He asked Jairus.

- No replied Andres know- what I'm going to take the short (urinate).

- Be careful not more, pitufo- alluded to his stature.

By separating some of us we noticed as a cry fell down a slope that was thankfully short. He had stumbled onto something and rolled downhill until an old trunk dry and spineless cactus stopped him on the way.

- Are you okay - asked.

- It hurts ... - it seems he complained that broke my rib.

- Ten quietly added trying to not lose mine.

I looked Jairo between what more could observe without hugged him.

- What are we gonna do? - I asked.

- Wait here, I said I go for help.

- What - I exclaimed frightened, not for the fact of being alone, but the fact of staying in the company of my cousin, and if he died?

- It's the only way, or that you go.

I did not think twice, between walking alone for the rest of route was not listening more than my steps or singing of the owls, or stay and reassure my cousin who is quite complained, he preferred a thousand times to hear incessant for your pain .

- I return to the shot-Jairo said letting go of him and gave me a kiss on the cheek to comfort me.

I felt his steps running in front of me and slowly were silenced.

When I heard nothing more, I shouted to my cousin:

- Andrew!

- Emilio - tone exclaimed dolido- hurts too!

No lie, I was scared, sometimes I thought it would be a good opportunity to look for signs of the cave, but leave my cousin voted, I did think, well, I'm afraid to walk alone, especially for a place that I know of.

Andrew continued with their complaints and Jairo had long since gone and not coming.

- What the fuck ?, if it was not so much what I said caminamos-.

An owl broke my thoughts.

- Shut up - I shouted, when out of nowhere the flapping grew louder, I felt a flock of birds and with the greatest speed of it all I got to the side of the trail to yell at Andrew and hear his voice.

Birds damn, I thought.

At times he dropped a few words to my cousin so we did not feel alone, because first of all, preferring to listen to their complaints and not the silence that had at that time, when darkness was immense and even the most miserable people light He descried.

- Tué - Killed - Killed - Killed - Killed - I Killed - heard so clear that the hair stood on end and I did not hit upon more than yelling at Andrew.

- Andrew ... TUE - I Killed - I said. What do I do!

- Shut huevón- told me in pain without signs do not say anything, waiting to leave.

For those who do not know about them, Tué - TEU are very unique birds, if you look on google, you will see that they have a unique human heads and little bodies poultry, well, they are the lords of Salamanca, the lords they should invite me to his cave.

Among my cousin fear, the excitement of the moment and so I tried to just keep quiet, though the bird was still singing and giving her more nervous I became.

Note that articulated the word with its beak (mouth actually). Hence its name. Tué name - Tue, comes word that issue to sing.

- Tué - Killed - Killed - Killed - Killed - I Killed - again felt the beating of wings.

- Go away for the shit - I snapped nobody wants you here old shit!

That I felt the voice of Jairus came.

- No - she exclaimed sorry, gentleman said you help us with my cousin !, I stuck the resentment down the road and found the route back help us again and give tea at home, we do what ud. We ask.

Andrew complained down, and it should be noted that most superstitious than I, but he chooses what he wants to believe, something like a scotoma, the mind sees what it wants to see, he believes what he wants to believe.

- Jairo dude, dumb shit, I will not make deals with that shits TUE - I Killed!



In less than five minutes, we see a slight light on the path, someone approached with the speed of a donkey loaded.

- Ehhhh - we yelled at an older gentleman who brought a Chon Chon his hand to light the path.

- Mijitos - we said what do you do around here seeing that is so dangerous?

I saw a man with brown face aged by the sun, and most cheerful smile super known but did not know where.

At first I thought it was Tue - Killed in human form, but then I realized it was not.

- Tué - Killed - Killed - I Killed - I Killed - felt again.

- Shut up shit - said the old man with funny air.

At first I had not noticed that brought one second ass after the first with a young man's about my age, tall, black hair and pale skin, fine lovely, dark eyes and a vest, and compared with the old man who was on poncho and chupalla.

- Go away with us as cabritos- invited us.

- Is that, you know ?, a cousin of us fell down the slope and do not know how sacarlo- Jairo said.

- Let's get him Chuta- added poh sir, I have a rope, it is the throw, which is the tie and threw it up.

So we were and told Andrew, we gave directions and did and obeyed every order, though it hurt the rib.

When he was up, I hopped on a firm ass that is not callera and not hurt him walking, because our luck, it could be said in his legs, but the pain, he claimed to be unbearable.

The pale but pretty boy off her ass and stood near Jairo, who at him felt a little strange. My cousin is nice too, and for a moment thought the boy was gay and had fallen in wave, but not, apparently, was something else.

Chon Chon lit sick, to be just an empty jar of mussels with a lit candle and a hole in front so that the light pointed the way.

Andrew slowly started to rise and sometimes laughed with us, except that while the boy started giving me a bad feeling.

Jairo was nervous, but hey, you had taken the burden of making the deal with the TEU - TEU. They say that when one hears must say: Tuesday today, Tuesday morning, Tuesday all week, not to listen to what they talk about, or simply being invited to tea, and the next day, arriving at its human form, that have the Salamancos. Anyway, the fact was that my cousin the weight of such treatment believed to have taken off, though not very well.



When we begin to see light, we went down a hill that overlooked a vacant land, there we split and the old man took a mountain path uphill again, but that did not cause us surprise because in the hills also were houses and for that route some of them came.

Andrew tried to walk, and to our surprise, the pain was gone.

- Loose shit Jairo- told the dude did you not venirte walking.

- No, he sputtered non Andres I swear I do not.

Anyway, the fact was that we arrived at the house and when we arrived, Carlos, our drummer challenged us as never to have gone so long, Danilo, the bassist said that if for him would not have become, indeed, the door was open if we wanted to go out again, (joking of course), but the fact of seeing the door open when we make sure we close left some strange gesture.

Jairo was quick to see if anyone was around the proximity to the inside or outside of the house where stayed that week and see no one closed the door.

- Pum, pum, pum, pum - barely heard the door was closed.

Each who was paralyzed body hairs, all without exception Jairo just managed to reopen it without fear, or at least pretending not to.

When you open I did not see anyone so turned away from the door.



We took a bath, (light separately is), and after that we went to bed, that if we did it in the same room, there were only two beds, a square and a half to Andrew and the two seats, sleeping Jairo and I though an unpleasant way because I was snoring and too many turns in the night because of his snoring.

- Tic, tic, tic felt in the window glass.

- What? - He asked Andrew also heard.

- Do not know- I said irguiéndome bed.

Again the same sound.

- What shit happens - asked Andrew.

- Spread the curtain poh sacowuea, there can perhaps truth told.

He did, but there was nothing, the most miserable creature or traces of something on the glass.

- Pam, pam, pam - at the door of the room and so badly this time, Jairo also stood on the bed.

- What's up?

The voices of other people in the group felt at home and the door of the room that kept ringing.

The bassist told us, and we thought it was a joke of them. We tried to get out but the door had been locked, and no more shout, Jairo knocked a kick.

- What wea - he asked Carlos, the baterista-, arming such a fuss the trio of friends.

Wilson, bald one that played guitar scolded us:

- Do you think we are ?, As for hueveo poh notice that not, kids, look, it's already three o'clock, you are tired, we are tired and we still have two marriages where playing this weekend. Stop your hueveo and let us sleep, Already ?, or I do them a dinujito?

- But Wilson - I said looking to fix things.

- Nada snapped.

At that moment, the door rang three times and a gruff manner.

We all watched in silence until Jairo was decided and opened carefully.

It was the boy who was with the old man who helped us when we seek the Cave of Salamanca. He entered with a lead poncho and straw chupalla.

- Past Jairo said.

- Hello- hello.

- Hello, wn scared us, we believed you were ...

- You invitó- said the young man invited me to take tea chupalla he said pulling the straw.

All of us were perplexed by this, we thought it was a game until the seriousness in the face of that young man showed us that it was not.

Surely they found throughout the text, perhaps not of fear, but it is real, and for grace to you and not to bore you, I will do it in two parts because the administrator must be working to publish all this expansion know that will not scare anyone.

Although for me, it remembers that it is a great torture and seeing that today,

Jairo no longer have my cousin.