the sign voor


In my many years no trial lawyer I have had many and varied experiences that have enriched my evening talks. But there is one that I do not share regularly, but I think it's time to give testimony, it is the fear that people tick me crazy, or spare me to explain events that are illogical, or simply because nobody likes listen. However, this time may cost me my life.

It happened in this small and humble town. A violent incident that marked its inhabitants. Here, where we all know, where everything is known. For years we tried to keep the story in silence; whenever someone began asking for it, or in an attempt to rememorarla, listeners uncomfortable the interrupted with long silences coughs or without replicates the narrator.

A few years ago, and already a little road trip in the offices of my profession, came to me a case which merited study and open-mindedness. Worked as a lawyer assigned by the state, and the situation had in my hands was not easy. The guilty of a triple murder.

A man carrying on his shoulders the weight of wanting to be lynched by the majority of people. A man who looked like a murderer, rather than that of an alcoholic very petty thief.

He entered the interrogation room ready to start with the version of events of my client. No easy task. Making such talk was more complicated than I expected.

After hours in silence, beating on the table for reacting shirt and shake him out of his lethargy, it was that my client (named Carlo had informed me) spoke:

"You look like a person licensed reason, so you must understand my reasons to book me the facts. I am what is at stake, and both society and the media are on the lookout for what I can testify. I bet whatever you want to me sunk in a cell, and not blame him.

I'll say it once, I will not repeat the facts. I do not care rot under the shadow lord. For what I've seen everything. I saw the face of evil, I saw the devil Can I see?

Well You want to know the facts? are so pay attention, because once you make them know, my tongue will not utter a word about it:

My partner and I walked aimlessly. We had been in the tavern Timmy's. My partner used to bring out the worst if already being taken, he was armed with great courage and bravery to do the work that desempeñábamos.

We walk on the main street of this, we came up with a huge gothic house, as out of a vampire movie. His majesty came to our attention, the house looked like all the rich, but this was something I felt. My partner had to look this term to be planning something. The "How to enter the house?"

He was sure he had warned that place, and we did not get there by luck. Be that led me to that site. Apparently the house was inhabited and just remodeled, still did not have a fence that prevented our way to the main entrance.

Despite our drunkenness, adrenaline breaking into our home made alcohol levels descend. We check surround the house and if there was an access door in the backyard. How great was our surprise to see that was open wide. We did not know if it was luck or carelessness stupid owner.

We thought that would be our big night, but from the moment we walked through the door a sense of hopelessness invaded me. I thought there was nobody in the house but we did certain events hesitation.

Walked through the kitchen, a very large but completely neglected, you could smell dinner three days accumulated dirty dishes in the sink. It was almost a relief to get out of there and enter the room. A very large space that is shared with the dining room. It was very luxurious and yet dreary, its ground-based and furniture were dark cedar, wallpaper on the walls was beige with light brown stripes. The shadows were hidden easily in any corner of the house You know what I mean? The decor of the place made me feel uncomfortable and also attracted the pictures that adorned the room seemed to move across the canvas, the eyes of the photos had a suffocating weight on our movements. I felt overwhelmed. Mr. really overwhelmed.

But it never crossed my mind to leave home without it we would have completed our task. I felt ridiculous for a moment; be afraid of the dark and the figures that are formed at night is child. So I did not notice my nerves and pay attention to the signs of my partner.

We started looking into drawers and drawers, we opened with great care. With a small flashlight (which always carry my profession because of assaults houses) lit and stirred strange amulets and pamphlets faded letters, no apparent value. Just noise and I did not even noticed that I was accompanied by my colleague. He no longer felt the acetate in my veins, we were ecstatic and nervous; the gloomy atmosphere of the house hurried us in our actions.

We removed all the grotesque and obscene pictures looking for a safe embedded in the walls of the room, banal efforts, no sir value. We did not plan to return to the top level of the house; I'm not a murderer. If you seized me a Smith & Wesson .38 Special is to defend if things go wrong, never had the need to use it. I did tonight, but it was not against marriage. It was against what they already killed my partner.

A cry of horror from under the stairs was a scream of death. Listening to the sound breaking the silence made my bones from freezing. Suddenly I was seeing the face of astonishment of my partner. When his eyes made contact with mine, I understood that we had to get out. We ran across the room, walked into the kitchen and try to open the back door which gave us access in principle, we find that it was locked from the outside, we could not even turn the knob. It was at that moment that we realize that the kitchen had no windows, no way out from there. We returned to the room to find the main entrance and exit.

The room now looked darker than when we entered, I'm sure in every corner had shadows with eyes that saw us, I also discovered that unlike any home of morality, in this there was no religious figure in the walls, and a crucifix that colgase. Only brands, if Voor sign marks. A powerful ritual lord it would better not comment.

We were paralyzed with fear, cries and whispers heard in that instant I drew my gun, my hands were shaking. Our focus was on the stairs going up to the first floor. Something down there, a hollow sound of wood hitting the steps, treading carefully, and trying not to fall. I already pointing to the shadows throbbing pulse forming on the stairs, hoping to unveil what tormented us.

Smelled shit that licensee moment, the atmosphere was impregnated with a scent of sewage. I repeat that we did not run to the terror, we were paralyzed.

I do not know how it happened, it happened so fast. My eyes did not believe in what they witnessed. An unexpected figure made his appearance, stumbled down the steps. Graduate, what I saw was a man standing on his hind legs pork. It was a humanoid figure in his forelegs (who acted and were shaped like human hands) carrying an ax dripping blood. Surely my jaw fell when he saw the demon down.

I do not know if they worshiped Satan or some pagan deity there, but it was obvious that the house you would not get a Bible talk of Genesis. I swear by my mother I'm not inventing anything I'm saying, I'm not looking either fake insanity to avoid prison. There must be a heaven, indeed I believe it now, sir, I am a believer. I believe in God, then I saw the devil if no certainty that God exists, and there is no bigger test than that I'm alive. He must save. Just remember that the creature my partner who was already on his knees before he came, this dropped him the weight of the ax on his forehead, the blade of the weapon broke his head in two. She did not scream, just a little squeak.

After that, I just fainted. When I woke up I was in the ambulance. Clueless. "

Carlo watched in disbelief, who looked grim in the dim light of the lamp. I crushed my last cigarette butt in the ashtray while I got up from my seat.

"I need to clear my head and stretch your legs. Just tell me what it is not easy to digest, I need something tangible. Tests. "

I left the room dragging my feet, I was tired and a headache was beginning to nip at his temples. And he walked through the dark corridors of gray state prison, sought a window for some fresh air. A small slit down the hall let in the moonlight, I felt the cold morning air sneak out that window.

When I finally reached the opening, so I put my head could go for that skylight. The fresh feeling a bit relieved hammering in my temples.

Watching the empty streets, at that time the city slept. I was thinking of the words of Carlo "... marks the sign of Voor. A powerful ritual lord it would better not comment. "Why survive? Why are you so quiet?

I returned my steps to the interrogation room. On the way I ran into the coroner, an old obese and badly shaved. He looked uneasy and nervous, his sweaty face disgusted me but had to endure so many times. His breath smelled of onions. He addressed me with atrabancados steps.

Have you seen the Italian - I was thinking about the question of the doctor. Carlo, the italiano.- had not noticed their immigrant background.

He was with me Doc. In the interrogation room. I was taking her confession of the facts Doc What?

Is playing a trick, will ya? He has been with me through rigorous tests and toxicological tests. But the most stupid of his lie is the second part.

What do you mean Doc? Is the confession of facts? He may be a murderer but it just be interested respected his statement.

-Lawyer, That's impossible. First because the alleged was with me all night since he arrived and second, because the bastard has no language.

It felt like the blood rushed to my head. A chill ran the surface of my skin. Oily doctor noticed my change of skin color. I asked immediately to accompany me to the room where the prisoner was.

Opening the door I found an empty room. The doctor and I got scared, we headed to where the seat of the Italian, above it was the orange prison and on it, even a pig's head.

We never returned to know nothing of Carlo, the file was closed. The guy just lost the map. The doctor and I came not to talk about it. He died three years later. The most frightening thing was not the fact his death. It was the fact that his body was exhumed before a dispute in which a suspected premeditated murder. When Doc came coffin, cemetery workers reported a smell of pipe. The horror of forensic doctors and public servants was huge uncovering the coffin. Doc's body was decomposed naturally. But his head had been removed a pig being put in place. The middle and ring fingers had been separated from their hands. They were only those who were the sign of Voor.

I write this because I feel my time comes. Nightmares prevent me rest my death, sounds of hell I rise from my bed. Every morning I hear the footsteps of a hoof on the wooden floor of my house. The devil never bored when it comes to torture. I only ask you to pray for me and my soul doomed to be led by the pork grotesque. For the curse Voor sign.